One of the things I enjoyed the most from my last trip to Israel have been eating lots of salads.
Now that I am back to Bolivia, and having easy and cheap access to quinoa here, I have starting trying diferent recipes of quinoa salads.
Let's try one of them.
Ingredients two portions
- Quinoa Real (1/2 cup -raw-)
- Peas (1/2 cup)
- Edamame (1/2 cup)
- Cheese (Shredded)
- Bell pepper (Half of a small piece)
- Shredded carrot (1/2 cup)
- Chopped red onion (1/3 cup)
- Tomato (1 small tomato)
- Letucce (2 small leaves chopped)
- Cilantro (Chopped, one table spoon)
- Lime (The juice of 1 piece)
- Olive oil (Two table spoons)
- Salt (As little as you can)
Wash the quinoa four to five times in fresh water, and then cook it in water for some 20 minutes, and put to cool. You can use cool water to speed up the process
Cook the edamame and peas in water for 20 minutes or until they are soft and done, and let them cool down. You can use cool water to speed up the process
Mix all ingredients together, and serve.
Here some pictures of the ingredients and the final result.
You can add or take out ingredients to it, and change quantities to your taste.