After some months running this blog as static pages, I've finally made the final move to its optimization, I'm now running it completely on the cloud.
This blog is now running from Amazon S3, behind Amazon Cloudfront.
The blog is generated by Jekyll, and then uploaded to Amazon using
s3cmd from my Linux or Mac computers.
The whole process is pretty simple.
- Install and start your blog with Jekyll
- Create yourself an account in Amazon S3
- Upload your blog to Amazon. You can use s3cmd
- Configure your S3 bucket to act as a web server
- You may add cloudfront for better performance.
Just be sure to configure the meta-data of all files to work with cache proxies, you may want to add cache-control directive, and define a max-age option.
With the site in the cloud, I hope you may have a better experience reading it. The only missing thing is: To write good articles for you to read
If you find any problems with the site, please let me know.